[gNewSense-users] Metad on Yeeloong 8101: "iwlist wlan0 scan" fails

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Metad on Yeeloong 8101: "iwlist wlan0 scan" fails
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 22:25:09 +0100

Hi everybody,

I have bought Lemote Yeeloong 8101 recently and installed gNewSense
metad on it, without selecting "Desktop Environment" during the install
(intentionally), by following the instructions given at
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS. Under gNewSense, i
then installed 2.6.32.3-libre-lemote linux-libre kernel.

My problem is that wireless network doesn't work. "sudo ifconfig" gives
me "eth0" and "lo" interfaces, while "sudo iwconfig" command adds a
"wlan0" interface but then, "sudo iwlist wlan0 scan" gives me the
following error message: "wlan0     Failed to read scan data :
Operation not permitted".

Do you know where the problem comes from and how i may fix it?

Thank you all!

Christophe