[gNewSense-users] metad grub-pc source

From: Nic Alvaro
Subject: [gNewSense-users] metad grub-pc source
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 19:47:39 -0400

I recently got curious on how I could configure my linux terminals to
use a certain resolution. I believe the answer lies in the grub2 option
gfxpayload. I decided to download the source from the gnewsense
repository using "apt-get source grub-pc" and I got the source for
grub2-1.98~20091212 which is not the current version available at
archive.gnewsense.org. What gives?

My sources.list lists this repository:
deb-src http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-metad/gnewsense metad
main

After reading the changelog I thought that this might be the version
that has better support for what I want. I decided to compile it with
"fakeroot dh install" . It errors off with:

cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp/build/grub-firmware-qemu/grub.bin': No such
file or directory
dh_install: cp -a debian/tmp/build/grub-firmware-qemu/grub.bin
debian/grub-firmware-qemu/usr/share/qemu/ returned exit code 1

Any tips?