Re: [gNewSense-users] help for installing MoinMoin on ick

From: al3xu5 / dotcommon
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] help for installing MoinMoin on ick
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 10:22:12 +0200

Il giorno sabato 16/10/2010 10:59:11 CEST
Karl Goetz <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:55:40 -0400
> Nic Alvaro <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > You may have not noticed that MoinMoin has instructions for
> > installing it on the Microsoft IIS platform.
>
> No we hadn't.
>
> > http://www.gnewsense.org/HelpOnInstalling/InternetInformationServer/

More, I think there is something wrong/inconsistent with the URIs.
Here are some examples:

- the http://www.gnewsense.org/HelpContents page welcomes to the help
  pages about MoinMoin, not to the help pages about gNS as people would
  expected to be... I think the URI should be
  http://www.gnewsense.org/HelpContents/MoinMoin instead

- http://www.gnewsense.org/MoinMoin is a link in the page above...

- the http://www.gnewsense.org/MoinMoin page contains links such as
  http://www.gnewsense.org/HelpForDevelopers which is not about MM
  developement and not about the gNS development... this page probably
  should be
  http://www.gnewsense.org/HelpContents/MoinMoin/HelpForDevelopers
  instead

So, the MM help pages (and the sub-pages they link) seems to
have/contain "strange" URIs in general...

I suggest to move all the help pages of the wiki to a tree having
http://www.gnewsense.org/HelpContents/ as its root, rearranging the
links in the page contents accordingly with it.

In this way all the MM help pages would go to the
http://www.gnewsense.org/HelpContents/MoinMoin/ sub-tree.

I do not have checked for the other help pages in
http://www.gnewsense.org/

> > Please, remove the yuckiness from the wiki.
> I don't seem to have access to do this, but I'll chase it up with the
> gods of wiki.

The same is for me.

Regards
al3xu5 / dotcommon