Re: [gNewSense-users] Computer Won't Boot

From: Paul O'Malley
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Computer Won't Boot
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 08:20:36 +0000

live cd

terminal

sudo cat /dev/zero > /dev/sda1

let it run for a few seconds

this will kill the hard drive

next up partition the disk using

sudo fdisk /dev/sda

p to print it should show no valid paritions

create a large partition at the front of the disk
/      make it bootable ext3
and a 1 gig at the back end (for swap)

type sudo partprobe to have the device re read
then type sudo fdisk -l
partitions should show up

reboot  (just so you know the partitions have taken

install as normal

(I've 15 years or more of doing this kind of thing and I had to do exactly this last Wednesday)

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Sent from my iPhone
^^ seriously are you aware of the amount of apps on that device that might rat
out your personal information to advertisers?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704694004576020083703574602.html