Re: [gNewSense-users] instalation on Lemote Yeeloong

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] instalation on Lemote Yeeloong
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 21:49:53 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
Can't connect to internet with Lemote right now because I only have a USB
modem that I can't manage to use in gNewSense yet but the file you ask for
has this: "Creating config file /etc/defaut/grub with new version" and
"Installation finished. No error reported."

That looks like the installation went well for you. Perhaps my error has something to do with me installing to /dev/hda3 instead of /dev/hda1. Thanks for looking that up.

On the installation I chose not to install additional packages. I rebooted
and ran taskel to install "desktop" and "print server". I didn't even need
to set up the boot variable on PMON, just edited /boot/boot.cfg for PMON
boot.

Running tasksel that way after reboot should be equivalent to choosing those options during installation.

I would like to have updated instructions on the wiki so if anybody would
add to it any new suggestion to make a light and functional installation
(or with another desktop for example) it would be great. I will use those
steps and modify the wiki depending on the present tested installation. I
can post all of the info from packages and results (such as
/var/log/installer/syslog) to make the guide more detailed. Is that OK?

Any improvement on the installation instructions is welcome. It's fine to add information about a lightweight installation, either as new section on the wiki page or as a separate page (depending on the amount of text). Excerpts from syslog would be a bit too much detail, IMO.