Re: added 'metad' file to initrd = test it --- Re: [gNewSense-users] GNS

From: matti christensen
Subject: Re: added 'metad' file to initrd = test it --- Re: [gNewSense-users] GNS on Fuloong Mini: success
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:06:30 +0200

yes - i had the same error

when linking '/usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/sid' to 'metad' installation goes as expected = it seems that 'metad' script has an error in it

/mc

Quoting samy boutayeb <address@hidden>:

Hi all,

Le samedi 29 janvier 2011 à 23:59 +0200, matti christensen a écrit :
as earlier you may find the initrd as follows;

http://www.otavalaiset.net/stuff/initrd_2.6.37_metad_0.2.gz

at least for me it appears to work - stay waiting your comments

The installation log says:

debootstrap: debconf depends on debconf-i18n | debconf-english; however
debootstrap: Package debconf-i18n is not installed.
debootstrap: Package debconf-english is not installed.
debootstrap: Setting up debconf (1.5.24) ...
debootstrap: /usr/sbin/debootstrap: line 1: repeatn: not found

/mc

PS. i do not know what is relationship between gNewSense and Debian,
but to me it would be obvious that the initrd should be edited so that
it would not say 'Debian' in any step ...

PPS. http://www.otavalaiset.net is homepage of the village i'm living
in - and one may notice it has been made in rather minimalistic way -
wonder...