[gNewSense-users] Re: GNU IceCat for mipsel: bugs?

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: GNU IceCat for mipsel: bugs?
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 21:23:12 +0100

Dear IceCat users,

In case you are interested, I found the solution to my problem which was:
sometimes images are not displayed under GNU IceCat 3.6.13 on mips64el.

To let them be displayed, you first have to comment out the following line of
your .mozconfig:

    ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-pipe -O3"

As in:

    #ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-pipe -O3"

Then build the program with `./configure && make && make install`.

Note for MIPS: you also have to patch the file configure before the build [1]:

    patch -p0 < Work-around....patch
    autoconf2.13 configure.in >configure

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnuzilla/2011-01/msg00013.html

Christophe