Re: [gNewSense-users] [OT] Lemote Yeeloong 8101B

From: Stayvoid
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] [OT] Lemote Yeeloong 8101B
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 09:37:29 +0400

> Practical disadvantages I experienced:
>
> - reducing the screen brightness makes it flicker

How bad is it?
Bright screens make my eyes bleed.

> - it's slow for GCC or GHC builds

Could cross compiling be a workaround?

> - the VGA output has low quality and poor GPU support

Could you be more specific? What do you mean by low quality?
I'd like to use it with a projector to show slides.

> A Parabola hacker uses a different external battery.  I don't need to
> leave it unplugged for long.

Do you know the model?
I've never used an external battery. Is it possible to buy a non-free one?

Is it possible to fix these issues via patching?

Cheers