Re: [gNewSense-users] Disk Control

From: arnuld uttre
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Disk Control
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 15:34:09 +0530

> On 10/5/14, Keith Ball <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok Arnuld,
>
> The "A+" I refer to is COMPTIA A+. So it means I have to work with
> Microsoft Windows and that is why I am working in a dual boot
> environment and how this issue arose.

> I do search for info often but often useful information is contained in
> other peoples' requests for info. And useful information is found in the
> replies. As in this case. Thankyou!

People may or may not reply but it is always good to ask.  2nd, in
Linux; as per my experience, 95-98% of  the issues are always
answered. This I am telling you from my experience of several years.

> You say you don't use a desktop. I use one because I'm not yet
> proficient enough with the command-line. Also because I want to
> encourage others to use Free Software and without a GUI I think this
> will be very difficult.

I said I do not use a desktop, I did not say I do not use GUI. I use
GUI all the time, albeit a different one than most people do, it
behaves differently than your GUI. I watch HD movies and browse net
and right now replying  to your message through a GUI. Desktop is a
type of GUI. I use a Window Manager (StumpWM). Check out ratpoison
window manager.

--
http://uttre.wordpress.com/
http://lispmachine.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/extract-of-programming/