Re: Patch #216 on savannah

From: Feico de Boer
Subject: Re: Patch #216 on savannah
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:48:33 +0200

Hello,

I get an severe compile error  where GCC complains about 'parse error'.

/usr/include/sys/unistd.h:106: parse error before `('
/usr/include/sys/unistd.h:137: parse error before `('

unistd.h:106:unsigned _EXFUN(sleep, (unsigned int __seconds ));
unistd.h:137:unsigned _EXFUN(usleep, (unsigned int __useconds));

Somehow it appears, I did not go into full details, that the 'unsigned'
definition is messed up or that the sleep() and usleep() declarations
somewhere differ. Hmm, now that I think of it, aren't those redeclared
somewhere? Putting the unistd in front of the 'own includes' fixes this. In
general I always learned to include system includes before own includes so
that's why I think to patch should go in.

I couldn't test if it breaks anything but I'm not finished compiling. At
least CVS does not compile out of the box on my setup. There are more places
where the error occurs.

See more remarks below.

Regards,
Feico.