Nokia IrLMP support (was gnokii and IrDA)

From: Jean Tourrilhes
Subject: Nokia IrLMP support (was gnokii and IrDA)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:44:26 -0700

Pawel Kot wrote :
> If anyone is interested in development of 6100 series infrared communication,
> this link may be useful: http://homepage.mac.com/alvinmok/nokia/
> In short: only the lowest part of the IrDA protocol was implemented in these
> phones. There should be a chance to use Linux IrDA modules in gnokii then.

        If I understand properly, it implements transfer on top of
IrLMP, which mean most of it.
        The Linux-IrDA stack already support IrLPT, which is IrCOMM
3-wire-raw over IrLPT, which looks like what those phones need. So,
you may want to try to connect using /dev/irlpt0 and see what happens.
        The fact that it doesn't provide any IAS will probably be a
problem, but can be worked around using an ioctl. If you need another
kind of support over IrLMP (like 3-wire or 9-wire), we can see what
can be done.
        I'm not familiar with IrCOMM, so don't expect too much from my
side...

        Another question : are you guys using the standard OpenObex
package for exchanging Obex or IrMC objects with the phones, or how
are you doing it ?

        Please cc me, I read this mailing list archive once every 6
months...

        Have fun...

        Jean

P.S. : And plenty of IrDA updates on my web pages, as usual :
        http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/IrDA/IrDA.html