Controlling the Nokia 5110

From: Dennis Wong Kah Weng
Subject: Controlling the Nokia 5110
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:52:59 +1000 (EST)

Hi does anyone know how to control the Nokia 5110 using the serial cable.

I am currently trying to write software for a microprocessor to control
the 5110, and seeing that the 5110 has no modem, an interfacing software
needs to be written for the phone. If anyone know how to get this data
into the phone, please let me know. I also looked at the Gnokii files, and
could not make head or tail as to where to start. I looked into the
Documents directory as well, but still using the Nokia protocols that were
specified in that document, I still could not get the phone to work.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis Wong Kah Weng
5th Year undergrad
Bach Computer Science/Bach Computer Sys Engine
RMIT