Re: smsd core dumping on FreeBSD

From: Guido Falsi
Subject: Re: smsd core dumping on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:19:11 +0200

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 01:35:46AM +0200, Guido Falsi wrote:
> > Thanks for the debug output and stack trace, I managed to find the
> > problem. Please retest with the latest cvs version.
> Thank you very much! I'll try it tomorrow(it's one O'clock in my
> region and I need some sleep :) so I'll let you know how it works.

Tried it, got the cvs sourrce and compiled, now smsd is not crashing
anymore, nor does the command line gnokii --monitor(which I forgot to
mention creshed with a backtrace really similar to the smsd one).

Good work.

Anyway there a little glitch when compiling the CVS source on FreeBSD. I
get the following error(I used the ports system skeleton to compile the
cvs...using the already mentioned port PR I made...but I don't think
those little patches are at fault) when linking gnokii:

gmake[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/ports/comms/gnokii/work/gnokii-0.5.2/gnokii'
cc -O2 -pipe -march=k6  -I../include -O2 -pipe -march=k6
-I/usr/local/include  -c -o gnokii.o gnokii.c
cc  gnokii.o -L/usr/local/lib  -lgnugetopt  /usr/local/lib/libintl.so
-Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -L../common -lgnokii -o gnokii
gnokii.o: In function `playringtone':
gnokii.o(.text+0x8c3a): undefined reference to `gn_ringtone_get_tone'
gmake[1]: *** [gnokii] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/comms/gnokii/work/gnokii-0.5.2/gnokii'
gmake: *** [gnokii] Error 2
*** Error code 2

But the gn_ringtone_get_tone is in there, at least in the source. I
"skipped" the problem by making the playringtone function a bogus one
always returning 1 (I don't need it anyway). I don't know why it's not
linking correctly...I really have no idea. I'm sorry I'm no real
programmer :(

--
Guido Falsi <address@hidden>