Nokia 9210 support

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Nokia 9210 support
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:13:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm trying to make more Nokia 9210 support in gnokii. This is what I know
so far:

Nokia 9210 works well in AT mode. But it has very limited AT commands
support. In short you can only:
 - identify phone
 - make calls
 - handle SMSes
You can donwload full AT commands list for N9210 from
http://www.nokia.com/cda1/0,1080,1910,00.html
To communicate with N9210 over AT mode you need to activate faxmodem from
Extra menu. When you use cable connection you should set
'serial_write_usleep' variable in gnokiirc (I set it to 1 second,
probably less value should be also sufficient).

Nokia's PC Suite uses some proprietary(?) protocol to communicate with the
phone. This protocol is different then FBUS. It is called 'RS-232
protocol'.

N9210 can communicate over FBUS as well. Unfortunately you can switch
between FBUS and RS-232 only from NetMonitor. NetMonitor can be enabled
only with FBUS or MBUS protocol.

Standard cable that it sold with N9210 can be used as RS or FBUS cable. So
in order to enable NetMonitor (to enable FBUS) you need to buy MBUS cable.

Most convinient way for N9210 users would be RS protocol support in
gnokii. So: does anyone know any information about this protocol? Anything
I can read that would help me in understanding this?