Re: Hanging and return codes

From: Torstein Bjørnstad
Subject: Re: Hanging and return codes
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:58:55 +0200

Pawel Kot <address@hidden>, man 2003-09-22;
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Torstein [iso-8859-1] Bj?rnstad wrote:
>
> > a while now.. apart from a few problems compiling po (which i was able
> > to fix).
>
> Please give more detailes on this.

Don't really know what the problem was all about, since I don't really
know thaaat much about linux.. But it reported some problems with the
makefile when compiling. Since I had managed to compile po with earlier
versions, i commented out those lines in the gnokii makefile, and things
seemed to work.. :)

I can probably give you some more error messages tomorrow, and try to
find out what the problem was. I just thought there was something wrong
with my setup, since I couldn't find any earlier posts on it.

> > Event 0 failed with return code 11!
> > Event 0 failed with return code 11!
> > *snip*
> > Event 0 failed with return code 11!
> > Event 0 failed with return code 11!
> >
> > The phone had 5 new messages, but gnokii wouldn't read them. Shutting
> > down and trying to restart gnokii gave the following error.
> > "GSM/FBUS init failed! (Unknown model ?). Quitting."
>
> This is either xgnokii or smsd.

Oh yeah, and i use smsd. Haven't had many problems with it before
though, apart from random segfaults from a cvs i july.. Seems to be
fixed now though. I'll see if it keeps running now. If so, there's no
problem.

> > Shut down the phone, and restarted it, and gnokii was able to start
> > again.. And things seem to work fine (apart from a few duplicates of
> > all the messages on the phone)..
>
> What is your config?

I've got a 6150.. and run smsd. Haven't done anything with the gnokiirc.

--
Torstein Bjørnstad