Re: Nokia 3110 and gnokii versions 0.5.4/0.5.5 problem

From: Osma Suominen
Subject: Re: Nokia 3110 and gnokii versions 0.5.4/0.5.5 problem
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:12:20 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Jarkko Raja wrote:

> Hello
>
> What is wrong in the new gnokii rpm packages 0.5.4 and 0.5.5
> used with Nokia 3110 phone? The 0.5.2 version is working properly but
> the new versions gives only message "Telephone interface init failed:
> Device not ready.Quitting." Although the hardware and rest of the software
> is the same.

Please post the debug output from the 0.5.4/0.5.5 version. I think a
-debug RPM is available. If not, you can compile 0.5.5 yourself with
debugging turned on.

If there really is a 3110-specific problem in recent versions (not
related to RPM packaging) I will do something about it.

-Osma

--
*** Osma Suominen *** address@hidden *** http://www.iki.fi/ozone/ ***