Re: Phone powers off automatically after switching it on (Nokia 6100)

From: Aart Koelewijn
Subject: Re: Phone powers off automatically after switching it on (Nokia 6100)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:15:56 +0100 (CET)

Op 2004-01-08 om 09:19 schreef Johannes Zellner:

> My question: does anyone use successfully gnokii with the nokia 6100 (over
> the infrared port) ?

I have been using gnokii with a nokia 6110 over the infrared port of my
laptop for about 1 1/2 year now. Never a problem. But read the
documentation!!(gnokii-ir-howto) It does NOT work with IRDA but with the
SIR protocol.

The laptop is a Gerricom and in the configuration menu of the laptop I can
choose different settings for comm B. I think SIR is called ASK IR in the
configuration menu.

So for me, after setting the laptop up to use the SIR protocol on
the infrared port, /dev/ttyS1, my ~/.gnokiirc reads:

[global]
port = /dev/ttyS1
model = 6110
initlength = default
connection = infrared
bindir = /usr/local/sbin
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200

[sms]
timeout = 30

(everything else commented out.)

I did not test the latest version, the last time I downloaded the CVS was
Oct 4, 2003, but never had a problem with any of the versions I tried.

BTW still problems with CVS? I tried to download the latest a few days ago
but got a time-out.

Aart
http://www.xs4all.nl/~mtack/