6100 and the AT driver (was: gnokii and the Nokia 6100)

From: T. Ribbrock
Subject: 6100 and the AT driver (was: gnokii and the Nokia 6100)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:57:05 +0100

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 11:03:00AM +0100, Johannes Zellner wrote:
> you can use the AT driver with both the data cable and IR, e.g. for IR:

> model = AT
> connection = irda

Ah, thanks! I finally got round to test this: Unfortunately, it doesn't
work... :-/
First of all, it seems to have problems with the fact that the 6100 can
store multiple numbers under one name (i.e. home, mobile, office, ...).
If I store what I've downloaded from the phone to a file, all
"duplicate" entries get removed. Also, the "extra fields" (address,
etc.) don't seem to be present. I assume this is related to the AT
driver being some kind of "generic" driver?
Further, writing the entries back to the phone fails with:

Event 3 failed with return code 8!
xgnokii_contacts.c: line: 2191: Can't write ME memory entry number 18! Error: 8

Could this be related to the above?

Anyway, looks like I'm back to entering manually again (short of
chancing with the 6100 driver or building a 'doze box...
...I wish I could do something to help...) :-/

Cheerio,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org