Nokia 6610 + DKU-5

From: Miko Nieminen
Subject: Nokia 6610 + DKU-5
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:10:21 +0200

I'm trying to get 6610 working with the DKU-5 cable, but I can't get it working. It seems to work in some level with configurations:
port = /dev/ttyS1
model = AT
connection = serial

Other configurations are like in the default configuration file except bindir which points to /usr/local/test/sbin. I installed gnokii under /usr/local/test so that I can remove the whole directory when changing version or using gentoo package. Uninstall target seems to bee missing from Makefile and I think that it should be added over there.

So my question is that is my configurations ok or am I configuring incorrectly. There are several messages stating that DKU-5 connection should work, but I cant get it functional.

So when running gnokii --identify I just get:
GNOKII Version 0.6.0
write: [ATZ<cr>]
write: [ATE1<cr>]
write: [AT+CGMM<cr>]
Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.
Quitting.

How could I get this working or is it possible and is there any additional information which could help you?

I builded gnokii with commands (as root):
./configure --enable-security --enable-fulldebug --prefix=/usr/local/test
make
make install
make install-docs
groupadd gnokii
cp /usr/local/test/doc/gnokii-0.6.0/sample/gnokiirc ~/.gnokiirc

edit ~/.gnokiirc and set:
port = /dev/ttyS1
model = AT
connection = serial

I would like to get connection by using this cable working. I know that I can get connection working by using irda, but I really need also this cable connection.