Re: import / export contacts into/ from file

From: Helge Deller
Subject: Re: import / export contacts into/ from file
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:06:05 +0200

On Thursday 08 April 2004 07:51, Alexey Muzalyov wrote:
> But the contact's note, for example, the e-mail address, is not in the file.
> So the notes are not back-uped.
>
> Practically I can edit the contacts in Nokia 6210, but how to back-up them on
> computer? I have KDE-3.1.1. I was trying to install Knokiisync, but for some
> reason could not do it yet.
>
> Can I back-up contacts without Knokii, just with Gnokii?

Hi Alexey,

You might want to try KDE 3.2.0 (or higher). The built-in KDE Addressbook
(kaddressbook) does support direct import and export of names, addresses,
emails, websites and phone numbers to mobile phones and uses libgnokii as the
underlying library.

e.g. start kaddressbook ->
 File -> Import from Nokia mobile phone,   or:
 File-> Export to Nokia mobile phone.

Helge