Re: Nokia 5100 support

From: Pedro Côrte-Real
Subject: Re: Nokia 5100 support
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 12:32:31 +0100

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 14:32 +0100, Pedro Côrte-Real wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 12:08 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> > I reckon it all depends on what you want as functionality.
> > I use a 5110 with a serial cable. I'm not aware of it having an IR port.
> > I only use the smsd part of gnokii to send and receive sms.
>
> Yes, but I think the 5100 is a totally different phone.

Just received it today. Seams to work just fine. I haven't done
exhaustive testing but everything seams to work.

It took me a while to understand that the Irda port is in the lower
right side of the phone beneath it's cover. I was aiming the flashlight
at my laptop and the connection didn't work too good. So if anyone is
having trouble with linux not finding the phone, this could be it.

On another note, how do I retrieve SMS messages including their meta-
information like sender and date?

I've tried something like this:

$ gnokii --getsms IN 1 10 -f message

But this just gives me the files message[0-10] with only the contents of
the messages. It would be cool if gnokii had a XML export option.

Pedro.