Another 7250i casualty

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Another 7250i casualty
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:58:34 +0100

Hi folks,

please allow me to introduce myself, since I'm new to the list... I'm
a Linux user from Germany that happens to have the Nokia 7250i.

I've read the various mails about the 7250i breaking down and thought
that since the 7250i was now listed in source as compatible with the
6510 driver, that everything would be OK, installed, and had a look
around.

At first, everything seemed to go ok (contacts and SMS download), but
as I accessed the settings, the phone turned off and now exhibits the
same problems as listed in the previous postings. I'll get it to the
shop tomorrow.

I use gnokii 0.6.4 (home-compiled) on a SuSE 9.0 box, with kernel
2.4.21.

The connection was made via USB data cable (this cable was visible to
the system as a Serial port via USB and reacted like a typical serial
port, with possibility to talk to the modem via AT commands on /dev/
ttyUSB0).

Unfortunately, I did not jot down firmware version and/or enable
logging beforehand, as I did not expect to run into the problem of a
complete breakdown.

What to do?

Kind regards,

Amy
--
Amelie Zapf                                   address@hidden
Jazz Pianist, Bassist, Composer               Berlin, Germany

Don't forget to check out http://www.ameliezapf.com/