Re: Nokia 3310 problems.

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: Nokia 3310 problems.
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 20:16:42 +0000

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 06:58:48PM +0000, Jesper Krogh wrote:
> I intented to use my 3310 with gnokii but when I attach the data-cable
> (removing the battery) the phone refuses to power-on. Is there something
> I'm supposed to do to start it without battery on?

You're meant to put the battery back in after fitting the data cable.
The plug on the end of the data cable should be wedge-shaped and has
clips on it which hold the battery in place at an angle.

> The power-adapter cable was of course plugged in.

Mobile phones often don't work without the battery, even if the power
adaptor is plugged in.  I'm not sure why.

imc