Re: Operator logo for specific network cannot be retrieved

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Operator logo for specific network cannot be retrieved
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 00:32:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Richard van den Berg wrote:

Using the CVS version of gnokii (0.6.4) the follow command does not work for my Nokia 6310i:

gnokii --getlogo op network.logo "204 04"

I get:

Operator logo for 53> 53 (unknown) network got succesfully

That's something weird. Could you please post the wole debug output for that?

Obviously, this is not the network I requested. Looking into this, I see inside common/phones/nk6510.c that in function SetOperatorBitmap() the network number is used, but inside GetOperatorBitmap() it is not. This is the reason that always the default operator logo is retrieved.

I made a patch for gnokii.c to set this netcode, but I need help with patching nk6510.c. Does anyone know which bits to set in GetOperatorBitmap() to get a specific network operator logo?

No, looking at the protocol description I can find this information, but you don't have too many options to test, as the request frame is 9 octets long ;-)

p k o t a t b e z s e n s u d o t p l
http://www.gnokii.org/