CDMA AT driver status?

From: Cameron Stone
Subject: CDMA AT driver status?
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:05:32 +1000

Is there currently an AT driver for CDMA phones? From checking the nokia
forums, it seems that that is the only way nokia wants the rest of the
world to talk to their cdma phones.

I've downloaded the CDMA command set from nokia's developer area, and
I'd be happy to create this driver if it doesn't already exist. Can
anyone point me in the right direction? I've looked at some of the code,
and there ain't many comments explaining what does what, and I can find
any guidelines.

I have a nokia 3105 (cdma) phone, and am trying to talk to it using the
new CA-42 data cable from nokia. I'm running debian sarge, with a
2.6.8-2-686 kernel, and udev 0.056-2. udev and hotplug somehow decided
it was an ACM device and inserted the cdc-acm kernel module, and create
a /dev/ttyACM0 device, which is was I've configured gnokii to talk to.

I was having no luck with gnokii, but then I ran xgnokii, and it
connected to my phone (at that time set up as model=5100. I tried to
dump the phone book, but it only got halfway through (and the debug
output looked like entries from my phone) before crashing. This happened
twice more, then I quit to try again from scratch, and couldn't get it
to work again. I just unplugged everything, and got the same thing
again. I don't think the 5100 driver is entirely compatible, but it's
talking the phone a bit at least, and no other driver (including AT) will.

Executive summary: I think it's possible to sync my nokia 3105 to this
linux box using this ca-42 cable, but not with the current drivers. So:
"How do I write the new driver?"

Cameron.

A diplomat is a man who can convince his wife she'd look stout
in a fur coat.

Cameron Stone                            <address@hidden>