Motorola (v547) support

From: Bastien Nocera
Subject: Motorola (v547) support
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:53:55 +0000 (UTC)

Heya,

There were some posts earlier this year about support for newer Motorola
phones. As I just got one of those (the v547), and tried out CVS HEAD gnokii,
I ran into 2 problems.
Both of them are mentioned in
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.gnokii/5251 but only one of them
got an answer.

- SMS reading doesn't support the PDU mode (only text mode is supported, and
that's mentioned in the documentation, but the phone wrongly says it
supports it).
- Message stores have different names

I was wondering whether I should special case the motorola phones in atgen.c
(for the message store names), and add support for text mode reading (not just
PDU), or  write a new driver for just motorola phones.

Pawel, your take on this?

Cheers

PS: Please CC: me as I'm not on the list.
---
/Bastien Nocera <address@hidden>