Re: Gnokii, bluetooth, and a 6230i.

From: Nat Friedman
Subject: Re: Gnokii, bluetooth, and a 6230i.
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 18:40:13 -0400

Hey Pete,

Thanks for the suggestions!  Switching to channel 14 seems to have
worked, after rebooting both the computer and the phone.

My new problem is that every time I issue a gnokii command, the device
has to repair with my computer, and I have to retype my computer's pin
on the phone.  Is there a way to pair the device with the phone
semi-permanently so I don't have to do this?

I tried putting "auth disable;" in hcid.conf, but then I just got an
error every time I tried to do --identify:

        Serial device: opening device 00:13:70:A8:8A:62
        Can't connect: Connection refused
        Couldn't open PHONET device: Connection refused
        Error in link initialisation: 1
        Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
        Quitting.
        Serial device: closing device

So it seems gnokii doesn't work at all for me unless I enable auth and
force myself to type a pin every time I interact with the phone.

The other issue I have is that sending SMS messages with Gnokii doesn't
work for me at all.  The first time I tried it, gnokii reported success,
but the phone didn't actually send the text message.  Now, it doesn't do
anything, except reporting an error:

        # echo "This is a test message" | gnokii --sendsms
        "+1617......."
        GNOKII Version 0.6.8
        LOG: debug mask is 0x1
        phone instance config:
        model: 6510
        port_device: 00:13:70:A8:8A:62
        connection_type: 5
        init_length: 0
        serial_baudrate: 19200
        serial_write_usleep: -1
        hardware_handshake: 0
        require_dcd: 0
        smsc_timeout: 100
        connect_script:
        disconnect_script:
        rfcomm_cn: 14
        sm_retry: off
        Connecting
        Serial device: opening device 00:13:70:A8:8A:62
        Can't connect: Permission denied
        Couldn't open PHONET device: Permission denied
        Error in link initialisation: 1
        Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
        Quitting.
        Serial device: closing device

My ultimate goal is to programmatically send and receive SMS messages
with my computer paired to my phone.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Best,
Nat