Re: Gnokii, bluetooth, and a 6230i.

From: Peter Robinson
Subject: Re: Gnokii, bluetooth, and a 6230i.
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 07:22:32 +0100

Hi Nat,

On 9/10/05, Nat Friedman <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 18:40 -0400, Nat Friedman wrote:
> The other issue I have is that sending SMS messages with Gnokii doesn't
> work for me at all.

Okay, this is actually somewhat more complicated than I thought.

When I try to send an SMS to a phone number beginning in a '+', gnokii
fails like so:

        # gnokii --sendsms +1617.......

echo "Testing testing 123" | gnokii --sendsms +44779... works for me straight up.

<snip>

And somewhere in there, of course, it asks me for the pin to pair the
phone with the computer. :-)

 This I think is your problem :-) the computer isn't pairing properly with the phone and hence you can't send messages. I went through the same issues with my 6230 when I got it. Once I got it working its just continued to. I also had it working with cvs gnome-bluetooth stuff.

I think the hcid.conf included in previous response may help. I also have a rfcomm config file but I'm pretty sure that's not actually required.

Cheers,
Pete