Re: Playing with a Nokia 6610i

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Playing with a Nokia 6610i
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:48:29 +0100

Hi,

2005/11/1, Stefan Sassenberg <address@hidden>:
> In the mailing-list archive I found hints do the risk of using gnokii
> with the 6610i used in non AT mode. What I'd like to know is, what

Just when you use irda connection.

> reflashing means and how it can be done. As reflashing sounds pretty

It needs to be done by Nokia service. This is "reinstalling" the
software in the phone memory (which means erasing everything being
stored in the phone memory: also sms, addressbook, etc).

> uncool I'd also like to know the restrictions of using the AT mode.

Well, due to Nokia policy the AT command set supported by this phone
is quite small. I can't say at the moment -- you may give yourself a
try to find out what works.

Using Nokia 6610i with dku-5 cable seems to be safe (I'm using it with
luck). Just pick the cable compatible with Linux (or any other OS you
use).

Pawel Kot
http://www.gnokii.org/