Re: FC4 + CA-42 + Nokia 2112 -- Need help with initialization parameters

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: FC4 + CA-42 + Nokia 2112 -- Need help with initialization parameters.
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:36:45 +0100

Hi,

2005/11/3, Harsha Ramesh <address@hidden>:
>  My guess is that my phone did not initialize because these parameters didnt
> get through. If that is the case, then where do i add these additional
> parameters? If these parameters need to be added to the source, then could
> you please tell me the steps for it? I am a rather proficient Java
> developer, but unfortunately i dont understand the C code that easily now.
> Please bear with my ignorance.

There's no way currently to add some initialization commands. The
short howto would be:
1. Look into common/phones/atgen.c file -- there's all the stuff you need.
2. You need to prepare reuest and reponse function. Request will
prepare a command to issue and will write it to the port. Response
will parse the string given by the phone. Typical names for the
functions are AT_WritePhonebook and ReplyWritePhonebook.
3. You need to prepare an extra gnokii operation. You do it in
include/phones/atgen.h file adding entries to at_operation enum.
4. Match these 3 in at_functions_init[] table.
5. In the Initialise() function call (somewhere at the end) add something like:
if (!strcmp(data.model, "Nokia 2112")) {
  ret = state->driver.functions(GN_OP_Initialize2112, &data, state);
}
Of couse it is the basic and ugly implementation but a good start for
making your phone work and understanding gnokii internals :-)

take care,
Pawel Kot
http://www.gnokii.org/