Nokia 6680 bluetooth not recognized

From: Matthew Brett
Subject: Nokia 6680 bluetooth not recognized
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:28:44 +0000

Hi,

I cannot get gnokii to recognize my Nokia 6680 using bluetooth.

I believe I have set up bluetooth correctly, and can send files to and
from the phone. However I cannot get gnokii to identify the phone.  I
start gnapplet on the phone, and:

gnokii --identify
Serial device: opening device 00:13:FD:FA:91:B9
Couldn't open GNBUS device: No such file or directory
Error in link initialisation
Telephone interface init failed: Function or connection type not
supported by the phone.
Quitting.

My .gnokiirc is:

[global]

# The address of my phone
port = 00:13:FD:FA:91:B9

model = series60
connection = bluetooth
rfcomm_channel = 14

[logging]
debug = on
rlpdebug = on

And /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf
rfcomm0 {
        bind yes;
        device 00:13:FD:FA:91:B9;
        channel 14;
        comment "Matthews_phone";
}

I notice that, with or without gnapplet running, I get these channels from:

sdptool browse 00:13:FD:FA:91:B9 | grep Channel

    Channel: 9
    Channel: 3
    Channel: 10
    Channel: 15
    Channel: 11
    Channel: 12
    Channel: 1
    Channel: 2

So, no channel 14.  Could that be the problem?

Thanks a lot for any help,

Matthew