Trying to learn libgnokii

From: Abdullah Zainul
Subject: Trying to learn libgnokii
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:49:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

First of all, thanks for such a great program. It is beautiful. Took quite a while for me to get it working with my 3120 connected with a dku-5, but after downloading the latest from CVS and setting sm_retry=1 and smsc_timeout=0 in gnokiirc I finally got it to work. I still don't quite understand the risk mentioned in using sm_retry=1 and would be glad if someone could elaborate.

Anyhow I am currently  trying to learn how to use libgnokii for my own application (source included). Just doing a minimal infinite loop reading and sending sms to and from mysql. There's a few things I'd like to know. The way I understand it from gsm-sms.c, there doesn't seem to be any special thing to be done to make it send long sms, am I correct? It automatically detects a long message and send it as thus. Because I can't seem to do it with my current program. And also sometimes my program would crash with this error:
Message sent: 0x14 / 0x000a
00 01 00 0c 01 02 0f 55 55 55                   |        UUU
Serial write: write error 5
Message sent: 0x14 / 0x000a
00 01 00 0c 01 02 0f 55 55 55                   |        UUU
Serial write: write error 5
What does it mean? Thanks for your time.

And thanks again for such a great program.

Yahoo! Mail