Re: Win32 port status?

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: Win32 port status?
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 14:22:13 +0300

Cameron Laird wrote:
Me, too; that is, I think it's great that you've taken the lead
in this work.
Hey, wait a second there! :-) I'm just offering to help people out and kind of hoping project management would offer me the position of having something to say about Win32 versions.

When Microsoft's C compiler was licensed more restrictively, mingwin was also particularly appealing because it's available at no charge.

Does that explain mingwin?
Sure it does. The thing sounds a lot like Cygwin, but I'll put the MinGW-port into my agenda. Unfortunately for you it will have the lowest priority after MS-tools and Cygwin.

Regards,
Jari Turkia