Re: 6610i killed by xgnokii

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: 6610i killed by xgnokii
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 21:41:45 +0200

Hi,

On 6/8/06, Stefan Sassenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
yesterday I used xgnokii to download some data from my 6610i to my pc. I
then tried to close the application which didn't work, so I pressed
ctrl-c on the console. When I looked next at my 6610i it was off.

Are you able to say what functions did you use? Or do you happen to
have debug logs from that session?
Could you please also give more details on your setup:
- gnokii version used
- config file

Now, when I try to turn it on, it starts as usual, the display is lit
up, the battery power status is shown. But when the animation with the
hands starts, the screen just blanks and truns off. The power status is
then shown again as if the phone is going to charge the battery, but
that vanishes too after a few seconds  and the phone is back in off
state. It is unusable.

Jano, it seems that xgnokii has some pattern of usage that kills
certain phones (regardless of the connection type). I think that
should be reviewed carefully.

Is there help for my 6610i?

I am afraid just Nokia service...

take care,