Can I change the SMS sender number to a string

From: Ajay Pal Singh Atwal
Subject: Can I change the SMS sender number to a string
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:25:34 +0530 (IST)

Hi List

When sending sms using gnokii can I change the SMS sender number to a string.
Lets say in place of my mobile number some string is displayed as sender of
that SMS to the receiver of the message.

I am using Nokia 3310 using a serial cable on gnokii 0.6.12.

I also faced the following problems:

Unable to get complete message center number, only last digit of sms message
center is displayed, but specifying the sms center number on command line
works. I read some where in list this is fixed in cvs version of gnokii.

Another problem i faced is when reading sms only last digit of the sender phone
number is displayed.

Sincerely

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal
Dept of CSE & IT