N80 and CA-53 cable

From: Etienne Labaume
Subject: N80 and CA-53 cable
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 00:04:38 +0200

Hi everybody,

I just think I have bought this geek toy a little bit too fasti. As the
Nokia N80 is an S60, and this kind of phone seems to be ok for gnokii, I
thought it would be easy to have it talking with my Linux box: It is not.

In fact, I cannot have this CA-53 cable recognized as a USB-serial or a
USB-modem device. I have modprobed every usb-serial module (begining
with the pl2303.ko) and cdc_acm.ko too, but nothing new is appearing in
the output of dmesg.

What would you suggest me to do (just skip praying, I'm already doing
this) ?

PS: I'm not a coder, but may become one for gnokii to work with my
phone.
PS2: I used to have my t68i working with gnokii, talked about it with
Pawel over IRC, but never got write access to the wiki to write how I
did it.

--
Étienne