Re: How to properly modify the code in pq.c for smsd

From: Zdeněk Habala
Subject: Re: How to properly modify the code in pq.c for smsd
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:17:09 +0200

Hello

> Hi,
>
> On 8/10/06, "Zdeněk Habala" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > maybe there is one more symbol to be exported. Because now it is
> complaining about missing WriteSMS, which is in smsd.c ...
> >
> > log2.200608102227:/usr/local/sbin/smsd: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/local/lib/smsd/libpq.so: undefined symbol: WriteSMS
> >
> > I have just added the GNOKII_API before the definition of
> WriteSMS and now it is working well.
>
> Once that works for you please provide the information whether you
> have problems with duplicated sms.

I will try to explain, what was the problem for me. The problem was, that I was
running smsd on the other computer than the database was runing. So the
connection between smsd and postgresql was over the internet. And the smsd is
sending all not processed smses in one transaction and it is as big as many of
the smses exist in the db. And the connection was sometime broken and than the
smsd was not able to confirm the transaction. Then after the connection was
reopened the smsd started to send all the smses again. Now I have modified the
pq.c, where the transaction is done for 10 sms at a time. I think that it will
always able to make such "short" transaction.

I have one more question to that smsd and libpq.so.

The smsd opens the libpq.so in /usr/local/lib/smsd ... but when I ran the make
install command in the smsd directory, it is not moving libpq.so from gnokii
directory tree to the /usr/local/lib/smsd .. I had to move it manualy. Should
that be moved manualy ?

Thanks Zdenek