Nokia 6125 support

From: Dimitris Mandalidis
Subject: Nokia 6125 support
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 18:42:53 +0300

Hello all,

I 've managed to connect my Nokia 6125 [1] to my PC using gnokii-0.6.14-cvs
and a usb bluetooth dongle (model = series40). Since the only purpose of this
connection is address book syncing, I ran into the problem of unhandled
messages/frames see attachment named 'nokia_monitor_cvs.txt.bz2'.

Furthermore, I added a contact in my phone book filling in all the fields,
from PTT username to birthday and tried to fetch the contact from pc and I
saw that several entry types are unsupported. I suspect that I know
the way to find which subentry type correspond to each octet and probably I
have to edit common/nokia-decoding.c and include/gnokii/common.h and the
respective GN_PHONE_ENTRY_*. As I am a new gnokii user and I don't know
much about the underlying Nokia protocols, I 'd like to contribute to the
code adding at least these subentry types and I 'd like to help with code
writing to support Nokia 6125. What should I do?

Thanks,
Dimitris Mandalidis

[1] http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6125

PGP key 39A40276 at wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net
key fingeprint: 9A0B 61C6 B826 4B73 69BB  972B C5E7 A153 39A4 0276