Re: Nokia new subentry types

From: Dimitris Mandalidis
Subject: Re: Nokia new subentry types
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 16:41:35 +0300

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 03:04:36PM +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:

> >0x2f -> Unmatched
>
> Well, I also don't know what this entry denotes but it contains entry
> location.

I 'm not pretty sure about that but I trust you :) I 'm saying it because I
saw it in every contact fetched from gnokii either it was a
'name-phone-only' contact or a complex contact.

> >0x47 -> Unmatched
> Last name.
> >0x46 -> Unmatched
> First name.

Hmm, I 'm not yet familiar with the underlying communication between gnokii
and nokia but it's strange that contacts in phone memory when adding from
phone are stored in 0x47 and 0x46 and gnokii fetches 0x07 which is a
concatenation of these two (applicable to SIM memory manipulations).

> >0x3f -> 'PTT'
>
> Do you know what is it?

I really don't know. Translated from Greek it is 'PTT address' but I
haven't yet seen anyone who uses this. But it's yet another textual
subentry

> >0x45 -> 'Incoming video'
> Do you know what is it?

It's a video which is played every time the contact calls.

> >0x55 -> 'Company name'
> >0x54 -> 'Company position'
> >0x52 -> 'Formal name'
>
> Do you know what it is supposed to be?

Do you mean 'Formal name'? I think it comes with 'Nickname' concerning
instant messaging.

> Thanks for your work! I will merge it with my version.

I 've also sent an email concerning some problem with --monitor (Subject:
Nokia 6125 support) if you could check this out. What else can I do? should
I keep on working with contacts or there is anything that I could help and
speedup development?

Cheers,
D.

PGP key 39A40276 at wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net
key fingeprint: 9A0B 61C6 B826 4B73 69BB  972B C5E7 A153 39A4 0276