Re: nokia 6210

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: nokia 6210
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:24:04 +0300

Ali Matthew wrote:
Please can anyone tell me ,how to access sms messages using vb?

I wrote a .Net wrapper class for libgnokii.dll. There is a managed C++ part to add a layer of abstraction on top of the unmanaged C-language library. This effectively hides all C-dependant code (libgnokii state and enums) so that any higher level calls can be made. Most basic libgnokii operations are supported. There also exists a C# class which basically declares the C++ library functions on the C# side.

My code is alpha grade quality and currently unpublished. There is a plan to clean up the messy parts, stamp the code as GPLed and publish the stuff under Gnokii project as a version 0.01. That should do it for most .Net coders.

To make it possible for you to make calls from VB.Net managed code side you could write a (add a suitable VB-term here, I don't know any) to declare my C++ library interface as a VB component (or something similar). Please contact me if you know VB.Net enough and are interested, surely we can work something out. If you cannot use VB.Net, you need to think some other solution.

Regards,
Jari Turkia