Re: Trouble on Sending a Lot of SMS

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: Trouble on Sending a Lot of SMS
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 08:40:21 +0200

A. Andria wrote:
Some phones seem to lose the connection if no data is transferred, but others seem not to have the problem (I had three different phones to test with). I ended up querying identify after 10 minutes to keep the phone awake.
I think it's possible if some phones seem to lose the connection if no data is tranferred (if we are using IRDA or Bluetooth connection). But, in this case i am using RS232 Data Cable, so i think it's a little bit strange if my phones lose the connection. CMIIW.

So do I. To my understanding the connection media has no effect. The phone simply "falls asleep" after inactivity. However, the condition is detectable and what I do is, reset the gnokii connection after three failures within 5 minutes. In my case, that does the trick.

Regards,
Jari Turkia