Re: Nokia 3200 with DKU-5 cable : mostly WORKING

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 3200 with DKU-5 cable : mostly WORKING
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 20:55:32 +0100

Hi,

On 11/5/06, leszek <address@hidden> wrote:
I just want to report that my nokia 3200 with the dku-5 cable is working
with gnokii (commmand line only).

Thank you for the report.

xgnokii and gnocky are not working.

At first it worked with model=6510 but i followed the instructions on
the faq to add the 3200 model.

Even with this xgnokii did not work?

$ gnokii --identify
Model        : RH-30/31

I have added this to common/misc.c so that should make xgnokii work.

gnokii --getsms IN 1 5                  WORKING but problems with accentuated
characters

Exactly what problems? If you expect accentuated characters you need
to have locale set. To be more specific: LC_ALL set to the alphabet in
which these characters occur and the display is set to.

You SHOULD mention that the hard reset will reset the phone to the
defaults parameters. and a "Are you sure you want to reset to defaults?"
question is needed... btw it is working.

Thanks for the hint. If I won't forgot this I will implement this later on.

[kernel] drivers/usb/serial/ark3116.c: can't set 0baud, using 9600
instead

That should not really matter.

Nothing is working with xgnokii
$ xgnokii
(xgnokii:28992): Gtk-WARNING **: horizontal scrolling not implemented
(xgnokii:28992): Gtk-WARNING **: horizontal scrolling not implemented

What about debug log? There should be an info about the axact reason.

[gnocky]

Unfortunately Igor does not have time for gnocky and it seems to be
dead project.

take care,
Pawel Kot