Re: PHONET and bluetooth!

From: Timothy Murphy
Subject: Re: PHONET and bluetooth!
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:49:30 +0000

On Monday 13 November 2006 11:47, Andrew wrote:

> However, when I use bluetooth directly,
>
> port = XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
> model = series60
> connection = bluetooth
>
> and when i enter
> "gnokii --identify"
>
> i get the following error:
>
> serial device: opening device XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
> couldn't open PHONET device: No such file or directory
> Error in link initialisation: 1
> Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
> Quitting
> Serial device: closing device
> I've been struggling with this and would really appreciate your help! :)

I'm no expert, though I am using bluetooth on my FC-6 laptop
to communicate with my Sony-Ericsson T630.

1) Is bluetooth running on your computer,
as shown by the result of "hciconfig -a"?

2) Is bluetooth turned on on your phone?

3) If both are true, did you not get a PIN enquiry
on phone or computer?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366