Gnokii smsc error

From: haydar akpınar
Subject: Gnokii smsc error
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 11:30:00 +0200

Hello Group...

I have installed Gnokii version 0.6.12 on my redhat9 system and I have been
sending SMS messages via

        echo "hello" | gnokii --sendsms "the cellphone number"

with out any problems.

When I try to use Gnokii for sending nagios notification sms I get no sms
sent to me.  I have followed the instructions on nagios website listed
below...

#Nagios command obj
# 'host-notify-by-gnokii' command definition
define command{
command_name host-notify-by-gnokii
command_line /opt/nagios/bin/sms_notification_by_gnokki $CONTACTPAGER$
"Nagios Host Alert \n\n $HOSTALIAS$ is $HOSTSTATE$; $OUTPUT$; $DATETIME$"
}

I have all the necessary detail for sending the sms e.g $CONTACTPAGER$ and a
script below to send the SMS but I get nowhere.

send sms example script:
----------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
#
# Gnokii Plugin script
# (c) Horst venzke
# v 0.1 - 17.01.2004

mess=$2
number=$1
echo $mess | gnokii --sendsms $number

what I would like to know is how can I check to see where send sms fails (is
there a log that gnokii keeps so I can check to see where exactly the send
sms fails)

thank you very much for your help

Regards
Haydar