Re: Quirk with on_sms callback

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Quirk with on_sms callback
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:37:28 +0100

Hi,

On 1/10/07, Jeremy Lainé <address@hidden> wrote:
> And getting back to the topic. Assuming that the patch would be
> accepted could you prepare the patch? I think the original one was
> missing few parts.

What do you consider to be missing from the patch? I grepped for
occurences of on_sms and made the changes wherever I found it. If you
mean that the on_sms callback is not actually used in my patch, that
is correct,

OK. It's commited now.

I make use of it in the driver I am writing for EZX
phones. This driver is not mature yet, but you can find my patches here:

Few notes about that:

+static gn_error AT_GetManufacturer(gn_data *data, struct
gn_statemachine *state)
+{
+       strncpy(data->manufacturer, "Motorola", GN_MANUFACTURER_MAX_LENGTH);
+       return GN_ERR_NONE;
+}
+
+static gn_error AT_GetModel(gn_data *data, struct gn_statemachine *state)
+{
+       strncpy(data->model, "EZX", GN_MODEL_MAX_LENGTH);
+       return GN_ERR_NONE;
+}

The existing way doesn't work?

+typedef struct {
+       int length;
+       char buffer[512];
+} atezx_mt_sms;

Why is that?

+       void *extra_data;

And this one I would really like to avoid.

take care,
Pawel Kot