Problems connecting gnokii using n-gage and bluetooth

From: Ari Arokoski
Subject: Problems connecting gnokii using n-gage and bluetooth
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:36:45 +0200

Hello,

Could somebody help me with my problem. I have Nokia N-Gage (the first model, not QD) and I try to hook it up with Ubuntu 6.10.

I know that it is possible, since I managed to read sms inbox from n-gage with combination Ubuntu 6.06 LTS, gnokii 0.6.12 and bluetooth connection. Unfortunately my hard disk crashed and I installed Ubuntu 6.10 to the PC.

I have succesfully made a connection between ubuntu and n-gage:
address@hidden:~$ sudo hcitool info 00:60:XX:XX:XX:XX
Password:
Requesting information ...
       BD Address:  00:60:XX:XX:XX:XX
       Device Name: Nokia N-Gage
       LMP Version: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subversion: 0x248
       Manufacturer: Nokia Mobile Phones (1)
       Features: 0xbf 0x28 0x21 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
               <3-slot packets> <5-slot packets> <encryption> <slot offset>
               <HV3 packets> <CVSD>
address@hidden:~$

I installed GNOKII Version 0.6.13 Built 21:31:10 Jul 11 2006 that can be installed from Ubuntu package manager.

I start the gnapplet -program in n-gage and then is give gnokii --identify

gnapplet prints line:
RfCOMM connection

And gnokii -version says:
address@hidden:~$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.13
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
LOG: rlpdebug mask is 0x1
LOG: xdebug mask is 0x1
phone instance config:
model: series60
port_device: 00:60:xx:xx:xx:xx
connection_type: 5
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 19200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 100
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 14
sm_retry: off
Connecting
Serial device: opening device 00:60:xx:xx:xx:xx

And here it when it stops. Bluetooth connection stays on, it can be seen in the phone. The mobile and laptop are set as a trusted pair, so that cannot be the problem. Is there any error log that could show some more information?

Help me, I am desperate since this worked once and now I cannot make it working anymore.

Best regards

Ari