buffer overflow

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: buffer overflow
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 00:57:17 +0100

Hello all,

I'm trying to copy my contacts from 6310i to K750i. I was able to read
them from the old phone, but writing to the new one caused a SIGSEGV.

I've seen that char_ucs2_encode scans four times as many characters as
necessary, overwriting the stack. So, attached is my first attempt to
fix the problem.

The patch has some issues (AT_WritePhonebook needs rewriting), I'll fix
them later. Please note that I haven't explicitly tested
char_ascii_encode, char_hex_encode, and memcpy parts in at_encode.

Please let me know what you think about the patch.

With kind regards,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov
http://www.kz-easy.com/