Re: reading contacts from 6230

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: reading contacts from 6230
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 23:50:21 +0100

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 10:56:03PM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
> >I'm trying to read contacts from a 6230 using a USB cable. gnokii
> >retrieves only one number per name, not other numbers and details. How
> >should I configure gnokii to read all information available? My current
> >config is:
> >
> >[global]
> >port = /dev/ttyACM0
> >model = AT
>
> You should use nk6510 driver.

Thanks, I've tried the following config, also with "model = 6510":

[global]
port = /dev/ttyACM0
model = 6230
initlength = default
connection = dku2libusb
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200
smsc_timeout = 10

The problem reading additional numbers is resolved, but one entry still
gets corrupted.

I see that it is possible to access phones over different connection
types using different protocols, not all of which offer the same
features. Is it theoretically possible to choose the best protocol if
the model is not specified? Like, try to identify the phone using AT,
afterwards try other protocols?

With kind regards,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov