xgnokii seems to crash when accessing sms link

From: Homayoun Ahmed
Subject: xgnokii seems to crash when accessing sms link
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 02:41:57 -0000

Hi guys I have finally been able to get gnokii to recognise my phone. I am xgnokii and when I open up the program all seems to be fine. I have the battery and service indicators up and gnokii –identify does seem to bring up all the correct details about my phone.

However when I click on the sms link on the interface nothing seems to happen. Its as if its crashed. When I tried to get contact information from my phone the same happened. On the window that opens when I click on the contacts link in the status bar of the window that appears It shows sim: 0/0 and phone: 0/0. does this not mean that it cannot interface with my phone and sim.

How can I solve this problem. All I wanted to do was to be able to send text messages to phones.

Thank you for any help that ypou can provide me

Kind Regards