RE: Reading sms from nokia 6100 - bug ?

From: Faludi Gábor
Subject: RE: Reading sms from nokia 6100 - bug ?
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:20:24 +0200

Whatever comes back don't seem to be UTF8  . The console is set to
hu_HU.UTF-8 by default , I tried to enfore it my the shell command you wrote
- no change .

I realised that if I put the output to a file then it looks better however
long accents dissapear. Then I changed the Translation of PUTTY to
ISO-8859-1 and the characters are more readable but same result vs the file
.
Surely this is related to some conversion issue :)
Here is my output  :
linux-2r39:~ # gnokii --getsms IN 1
GNOKII Version 20070413
1. Inbox Message (read)